Welcome to the
KLEIN'S SHOPRITE CHARITABLE FUND
WHO WE ARE
In 1925, Maurice and Sara Klein opened a small general store on Main Street in the rural village of Fallston, Maryland. In 1949, Maurice, Sara and their son Ralph purchased a general store at the old village crossroads in Forest Hill, commencing business as “Maurice Klein and Son.” Thirty years later, Ralph, his wife Shirley and their sons Andrew, Michael and Howard relocated “Klein’s” to a modern supermarket at 2101 Rockspring Road. Five other Harford County stores and three locations in Baltimore County have opened since 1979.
All stores are modern, full-service supermarkets, featuring a full assortment of grocery and fresh perishable departments, as well as full-service pharmacies. A fourth-generation of Klein family members are now actively engaged in day-to-day operations.
In October, 2008, Klein’s Family Markets joined Wakefern Food Corp., the retail merchandising and distribution company that supplies and supports ShopRite, becoming the 45th member of the nation’s largest retailer-owned cooperative.
The Klein’s ShopRite of Maryland Charitable Fund focuses on supporting organizations that enhance the health and well-being of our customers and our employees. The Klein Family seeks to support those local and national organizations of reputable standing that have a proven record of improving the lives of Harford County, Baltimore County and Baltimore City residents -- with a focus on the issues of health, education, and hunger. Klein’s ShopRites are active participants in ShopRite’s Partners in Caring Program, and annually provide more than $150,000 in direct support to community-based organizations; a complete list of donation recipients is posted at each store.
Have Any Questions?
FOR CORPORATE DONATIONS & FUNDING REQUESTS:
2011 Klein Plaza Drive, Forest Hill, MD 21050
FOR STORE-LEVEL FOOD DONATION REQUESTS